Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A plea and a pledge

Please, please, please let me never turn into a person who speaks lots of corporate drivel, with no words of value coming out of my mouth. Nor let me string together sentences as if they came out of a random phrase generator iphone app.

I pledge never to enjoy going to meetings to speak about meetings, or even consider subjecting someone else to this act. And I will never use the word "kimono", other than in a sentence about Japanese clothing.

I fear that spending a lot of time in a big corporation (or government) can do this to people, but I refuse to become a victim. I will maintain my sanity and continue to hold meaningful conversations without the need of a laser pointer and PowerPoint presentation, in order to get things done.

No comments: