Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tick tock

This week I hit the big 3-0.

It seems that many of my old school friends on Facebook already started freaking out about their two-digit number change last September. Personally, I'm feeling quite good about the 30 decade.

Thinking about it, I would happily choose 30 over the teen era. Bleugh to going to school and being surrounded by all that misunderstood, whiny, teen awkwardness. I would even happily exchange it for my twenties - at least the early portion of it. Way too much moving around, trying to find your feet, and not quite knowing where you are heading.

Yep, to me, 30 is being a bit more wiser, a bit more stable and a bit more sophisticated. 30 is drinking red wine instead of bottles of alchopops and cheap, watered down pints from the union bar. 30 is fine dining instead of a kebab from the local chippie van (or is that 40?!). Maybe it is even the point at which I start to look a little less like 15. Only time will tell.

No comments: